"…The seed is spouting and growing…" (Mark 4:27)
LAST UPDATED: April 1, 2020 at 3:45PM
Please check back often.
CANCELLATIONS, NOTICES & UPDATES PERTAINING TO MEASURES REGARDING CORONAVIRUS COVID-19 WILL BE POSTED HERE (please check this page often for updates). St. Mark’s Parish is taking the recommendations of the Diocese of Hamilton seriously, and we ask that all parishioners and visitors do the same.
RECENT DIRECTIVES FROM THE DIOCESE OF HAMILTON:
March 23 – Bishop Crosby’s Decree regarding Holy Week and Easter
March 19 – Emergency Hospital Coverage – Directive from Bishop Crosby
March 18 – Further Directives from Monsignor Murray Kroetsch, PH, VG
March 16 – Further Directives from Bishop Crosby
March 13 – New Directives from Bishop Crosby
- MASSES: All public celebrations of Mass and other devotions are suspended. All churches (including Adoration Chapels) are to remain closed at all times until further notice. It is not permitted to have the church open even for a few hours each day for prayer.
- TELEVISED MASS TIMES:
(To find your channel, enter your postal code and service provider at www.visiontv.ca)
Sunday 8:00 a.m.; Monday–Friday 8:00 a.m., 12 noon; Saturday 8:00 a.m., 9:30 a.m.
Find your Channel or Watch Live
Sunday 11:00 a.m., 10:30 p.m.; Monday–Saturday 6:30 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 3:00 p.m., 10:30 p.m.
Find your Channel
Sunday 10:30 a.m.; Monday–Saturday 1:00 p.m.
YouTube offers many channels that upload Daily and Sunday Masses. Here are two popular ones: Bishop Robert Barron and National Catholic Broadcasting Council
- All parish meetings and events are SUSPENDED until further notice.
This includes (but is not limited to) Sunday Coffees, Choir Practice, Alpha, C.W.L., Knights of Columbus, A Quick Journey Through the Bible, Keys, Legion of Mary, Men’s Group, That Man Is You.
Writers’ Group is meeting via Skype — please call or email the parish office for a contact.
- As well, the following events at St. Mark’s Parish have been POSTPONED until further notice: The Sacrament of Confirmation and its associated preparation sessions, The Sacraments of First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion and their associated retreats and rehearsals. Updates will be provided when available.
- CONFESSION is not available until further notice.
- THE PARISH OFFICE IS CLOSED until further notice. Emails and phone calls will continue to be monitored.
St. Mark Catholic Parish in Kitchener, Ontario is a faith-filled Catholic community, striving to live our values, and to build up the Body of Christ in this world through sacrament, sacrifice and outreach. We are a welcoming community, inviting all to share in the fullness of Jesus. We seek to build God’s church on earth by sharing our time, talent and treasure for the benefit of all.
St. Mark’s seeks to develop its outreach and spiritual life through many activities and groups. Members of our parish family are actively involved in the St. Vincent de Paul Society, Knights of Columbus, Catholic Women’s League, Spirit Crew (our Parish’s ministry for youth), RCIA program, Perpetual Adoration Chapel, Legion of Mary, Alpha program, bereavement support, hospital visitation, support for local food banks, and pro-life activities, among many other groups and activities. At St. Mark’s, there are many opportunities to build faith through education, prayer, fellowship and service.
Thank you for visiting our website. We hope that you are able to find what you are looking for on our site. If you have questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us. We would be pleased to hear from you!